Enjoyment Policies and Procedures
We hope you thoroughly enjoy your stay at M&M Beach Oasis. As you can see, a lot of hard work and financial resources have been put into making our vacation home a nice place to visit for ourselves and you! We are asking you to follow a few policies while you're here, so others, and hopefully you, can enjoy our home in the future.
Please remember that you have neighbors that live here year-round, they are not on vacation! So, while you can enjoy yourself, the neighbors are working. We ask you to be respectful of them and their homes, as well.
Check-in - 3:00 p.m. Check-out - 10:00 a.m.
The key combination to the condo door will be given to you via email prior to your arrival. It will be set the day of your arrival when the cleaning crew is finished by the on-site manager. Please call/text Merrijo to let her you know when you arrived. (614-975-7578). You need to press the Schlage lock button on the keypad and turn the lock towards the door edge to make sure the house is locked when you leave.
NO SMOKING INDOORS
Guest caught smoking or has left evidence of smoking in the property will be charged with additional cleaning required to remove smoke odor and/or stains and the like from the property, lose all or part of the security deposit and you will be asked to leave the house without refund immediately.
No Pets Allowed – Sorry
We have a NO PET policy unless authorized by Lessor for long-term guest (Pets are NOT allowed inside or outside unit) If an unauthorized pet is found on the premises you will be asked to leave the house without a refund immediately. Any of your visitors that may have a pet with them are not allowed to bring them in the house and must be kept on a hand-held leash and cannot be tied to any structure and left unattended outside of the house.
Family Groups Only
Tenancy is for family groups only. Non-family groups include high school and college-aged persons even if chaperoned by adults are not permitted. House parties of any kind are not permitted. Guest renting the property and/or signed the agreement must be at least 25 years of age and assume possession of the property. Identification must be presented if requested. The on-site manager regularly checks the property and if you are found in violation of any of the rules and regulations, your lease can be terminated at that time and you will be asked to leave the house without refund immediately.
Cleaning Service and Trash / Recycling
Cleaning is mandatory and will be performed after you departed the property. When you arrive at the property the day of check-in and the property is not properly cleaned, please call Merri jo or the on-site manager immediately. We will have the cleaning service sent to the house to resolve the problem. Failure to contact us immediately after checking in revokes the offer of a cleaning service sent to the house. You are responsible for washing and putting away dishes, making beds, and taking out all garbage and take the Trash and Recycling cans and put them 2 feet from the road on the day of your departure. Should additional cleaning by the cleaning service be necessary, the additional cost incurred will be deducted from your security deposit.
Deck and Gazebo & Deck Furniture
There is a charcoal grill for your use at the front of the house. Under no circumstance is grilling permitted on the decks, boardwalks, gazebo area, or underneath the house. Eviction without refund may result if grilling rules are violated. If you move the Heavy, bright colored deck chairs &/or cable, Please do not drag them – LIFT ONLY. They will damage the edge of the deck boards and create the potential for nasty splinters.
Stay off the dunes and do not disturb the sea oats, they are very important to retain Dune structure. There is a city-wide ordinance with a fine of $500 if this rule is not followed.
Loggerhead turtles may be nesting during your stay at Topsail. Do not handle them or their eggs. You may be asked to keep the lights off on the beach side of the house if a nest is in the dunes and is close to hatching. The turtles are federally protected; please respect the marked nesting areas.
Linens & Towels
We do NOT supply linens and/or towels and you are required to have sheets on the beds/pillows during your stay. Guest is responsible for bringing their own or plans with a rental company on the island. Here are a few: Seaside Linen & Rental, TI Rentals, Sweat Dreams Linens. Guest will need the following: King sheets with 4 king pillowcases, 2 sets of Queen sheets with 4 standard pillowcases (each bed =8), 2 sets of Full sheets with 4 standard pillowcases (each bed =8)5 Twin sets of sheets with 5 pillowcases, kitchen towels and dishcloths, bath towels and washcloths, and beach towels.
If it is necessary to request maintenance on an item, broken or not functioning properly, or you simply need assistance with something, please contact Merri jo at (614)-975-7578 or Alice at (910) 850-0459. Remember we can’t fix it if we don’t know it’s broken.
Keep the noise level low and respectful of the neighbors. Loud parties and/or music are not allowed and will not be permitted.
Damage to Property
You will be held responsible for any damage to the house, its contents, and beach dunes. A complete inventory list is in the small cabinet to your right when you are looking into the kitchen for your review. We use this checklist prior to your arrival and after your departure to ensure all items remain in the house. In the event something is broken, we would appreciate your notifying us immediately. (Please contact Merri jo at the (614) 975-7578) Also, if anything is removed and is found missing after your departure, your deposit will be charged for the item. Please let us know immediately of any damaged property (i.e. walls, doors, etc.) or any malfunctioning electronic equipment.
All trash must be removed from the units. After removing all garbage, take the Trash and Recycling cans out to the road (put them 2 feet from the road). Please wash dishes/run dishwasher and putting away dishes, and empty refrigerator. Please make sure you turn out the lights and the door(s) to the unit are locked before you are gone! Remember to press the Schlagle lock button on the top of the keypad and turn the lock towards the door edge. Care for any rental linens/towels per your contract with them. Should additional cleaning by the cleaning service be necessary, the additional cost incurred will be deducted from your security deposit.
If State or Local authorities order a mandatory evacuation of an area that includes the Property, the guest shall comply with the order and evacuate the Property upon being notified (you need to take all your possessions-including all food) with you since re-entry cannot be guaranteed). Furthermore, guest may not return to the property after the mandatory evacuation order has been lifted without consent from the owners and/or on-site manager. Please note that guest will not be entitled to a refund and should consider purchasing vacation insurance to protect them from the loss if this may occur. We will attempt to keep the guest apprised of evacuation orders from the local governments. However, ultimately it is the guest’s responsibility.
Lost or Forgotten Items
We will not be responsible for items left behind, lost or stolen. Items that are not claimed within 30 days will be donated. There is a $20 handling fee plus any additional postage for items returned to the guest.
Reserve for next year
If you wish to reserve again this year or for the following season, please do so before you leave the island. By doing this in advance we will be able to use your current security deposit for your future reservation. You have to contact Merrijo to do this.
Thank you for choosing ?? for your relaxation and enjoyment. We hope your visit with us was fun and all you wanted it to be! Leave us a note in our "guest book" and let us know how your vacation went and anything we can do to make it better for your next visit! We truly enjoy reading the notes left by our guest. We welcome you back and tell your friends about us.
Merri Jo & Mark Linton – 1704 S Shore Dr
PH# (614) 975-7578 or (614) 975-7531 (Mark)
PH# (910) 850-0459
Town Rules & Ordinances
1. Vehicles are not permitted along our beaches. This includes recreational vehicles, ATV’s, etc. There is a vehicle access located at the North end of Topsail Island, at New River Inlet. You may drive 4x4 vehicles at that location, only as far as the Marker Posts direct you. Driving past the markers can result in large fines, issued by the Town of North Topsail Beach.
2. Pets are not allowed on the beach unless they are being led by a leash. You must also remember that it is your responsibility to clean up behind your dog and not leave your pet’s “droppings” on the beach.
3. No Glass is not allowed on the beach. You can carry coolers, but you must assure that none of your containers are glass. You must also remember to clean up behind yourself. There are several trash cans located at each access, and at crossovers all along the island.
4. Do not leave your cigarette butts lying on the beach. Again, proper disposal of these items will keep our beaches looking clean and inviting. Failure to comply with this will be treated as littering, and you can be fined accordingly. “A single cigarette could cost you several hundred dollars.”
5. No fires are allowed on the beach. This again offers heavy fines.
6. No camping along the beach; you will be fined and asked to leave.
7. No grilling on the beaches; this again will result in fines. There is also no grilling to be done within 50 feet of a structure. This includes condos, houses, or any structure.
8. No fireworks are to be set off anywhere on the island. This includes private drives, private property, balconies, decks, the beach or anywhere.
9. No guns are to be fired within the Town limits. This will be fined heavily.
10. Enjoy your vacation, remember, other rules and regulations are posted at Public accesses. Please take the time to read these and adhere. Also, pay careful attention to the water. Rip Currents are bad along our coast, especially during certain times of the year. If the water looks rough or is pulling heavily in any direction, DO NOT ENTER or allow children to go into the water. Undertows and other underwater currents will quickly take you away from your location and possibly out to sea. This happens very quickly.
All EMERGENCIES – 911 Surf City Police- 910-328-7711 Coast Guard – 910-256-3469