SHORT TERM VACATION RENTAL AGREEMENT
Renter hereby agrees to rent property located at 304 Red Lewis Drive, Kure Beach, NC (4/3.5 townhome) and by placing his/her signature agrees to all terms described in this Rental Agreement and that the Renter shall be responsible for all persons in his/her party.
- DEPOSIT. A $500.00 (FIVE HUNDRED AND 00/100 DOLLARS) security/deposit is required. The security Deposit will be refunded within 14 days after the departure date, less any applicable charges described in this Rental Agreement.
- CANCELLATION. 100% refund will be issued for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date, 50% refund for cancellations between 14-30 days before check-in date. No refund for cancellations less than 14 days before check-in date. Owner must be notified immediately of any cancellations in writing.
-TENANT REPRESENTATION. The Renter must be at least 25 years old and will occupy the premises during the term of the tenancy created hereunder.
- OCCUPANCY. The Renter(s) agrees to peacefully and quietly use and occupy the Rental Property and agrees not to commit waste or make any unlawful or offensive use of the Rental Property during occupancy.
- WEATHER. North Carolina’s beaches are subject to tropical weather conditions which may include Tropical Storms, Tornadoes, and Hurricanes. In the event of severe weather conditions, renter must follow the guidelines set forth by New Hanover County Emergency Management. (NHCEM) 910-798-6900. If NHCEM recommends that tourists evacuate, renter must check out immediately. Any refunds and/or proration's of rent will be processed when the state of emergency has passed.
-GRILL. Outdoor grill must be used outside in driveway only. THE SECURITY/DAMAGE DEPOSIT WILL BE FORFEITED if grill is used inside of garage/home/or on a deck. In addition, grill must be cleaned after each use. A $50 cleaning fee will be deducted from the security deposit if additional cleaning of the grill is needed.
- PETS. All pets are PROHIBITED, NO EXCEPTIONS. If Renter, or Renter's guests bring pets inside of the house, RENTAL AGREEMENT SHALL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED AND THE SECURITY/DAMAGE DEPOSIT WILL BE FORFEITED.
- SMOKING. Smoking is PROHIBITED inside of the home and on outdoor decks, NO EXCEPTIONS. If Renter, or Renter's guests smoke inside the home or on the decks, THE SECURITY/DAMAGE DEPOSIT WILL BE FORFEITED.
- MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY. The maximum number of occupants is 8 (EIGHT). NO additional occupants are permitted. If there are more than the number of occupants indicated above, at any time during the rental period, the Renter will be immediately evicted. NO EXCEPTIONS and THE SECURITY/DAMAGE DEPOSIT WILL BE FORFEITED.
- PARKING. The maximum amount of vehicles allowed is 3 (THREE). AGAIN, NO EXCEPTIONS. Failure to not follow these rules will result in immediate eviction and THE SECURITY/DAMAGE DEPOSIT WILL BE FORFEITED.
- PAYMENT METHODS. Full rental amount, plus 13.0% occupancy tax and cleaning fee must be received at time of reservation or booking.
- UTILITIES. All rentals less than one month include utilities.
- CLEANING. The home will be cleaned prior to your arrival and after your departure. However, there will not be any daily maid service. Please treat the property as if it were your own home. All food items and garbage must be taken out. The dishes, pots, pans, and utensils must be cleaned and put away. There is a dishwasher available in the home. There is also a washer and dryer in the home. DO NOT hang any towels or clothing on the veranda to dry. The interior as well as the exterior of the property MUST be neatly kept at all times. If additional cleaning is necessary, it will be charged to the Renter and/or deducted from the security/damage deposit.
- GARBAGE. All trash must be placed in the outside garbage bin prior to check out. Garbage pick-up in on Mondays and Saturday. Make sure to pull both the trash and recycle bin to the curb the night before on Sunday. Pull only the trash bin to the curb the night before on Friday.
- DAMAGE. Renter will be responsible for any and all damages to the property and furnishings and personal belongings of owners. Any and all damages determined to have been caused by Renter, or during a Renter's occupancy, will result in the estimated cost of repairs and/or damages to be deducted from the security/damage deposit.
- LIABILITY. The owner is not responsible to renter for any loss, damage, or injury to persons or property whether arising through negligence or imposed by law. Furthermore, any (a) loss or theft of any of the renters personal property, accidents, injuries or damage of any nature from any cause to renter (including guest, licenses or invitees) or acts of GOD, (b) weather, road, travel conditions or other recreational activities, (c) items removed or changed in the unit by owner, shall be renters responsibility.
- SUBLEASING. Rental agreement may not be subleased or transferred to any other party. Subleasing shall be direct default of this Agreement.
- POOL. Renter must abide by community pool rules. No minors are permitted in the Pool without parental supervision. Use of Pool, is at users own risk. Owner assumes no responsibility/liability for any injuries related with use of Pool. Persons under the influence of drugs or alcohol are not permitted to utilize the Pool. THERE IS NO LIFEGUARD ON DUTY. EVERYONE SWIMS AT THEIR OWN RISK.
- Pool Key must be returned at time of check-out. A $50 fee will be charged for lost or missing pool key.
- INDEMNIFICATION. I agree to indemnify and hold owners harmless from and against any liabilities, claims, actions, proceedings, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including attorney's fees, for all injuries or death of any person, and/or loss or damage to any personal property occurring or arising from or connected with, directly or indirectly, the Short Term Vacation Rental of same property.
- CHECK-IN is 4:00 P.M. CHECK-OUT is 11:00 A.M. Please remember that all food items and garbage must be taken out, all dishes, pots, pans, and utensils must be cleaned and put away, and all towels/bathmats/linens provided must be placed in the laundry bag prior to check-out. There will be no refunds for early departures. Make sure that all sliding glass doors and windows are closed and locked. Make sure that all the blinds ae closed. The blinds for the sliding glass doors located on the 2nd floor master bedroom and 3rd floor living room need to be closed. Turn off all lights and fans. Make sure to clean the outdoor grill if it was used. A non-refundable $50 fee will be deducted from the security deposit if additional cleaning of the grill is needed. Leave pool key on entrance table. A $50 fee will be deducted from your security deposit if the pool keys are los or not returned to the property at check-out.
- ACCEPTANCE. BY SIGNING THIS RENTAL AGREEMENT, THE RENTER DECLARES THAT THEY HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO ABIDE BY THE RENTAL AGREEMENT AND THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OUTLINED. RENTER AGREES THAT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES ANY OF THE NEIGHBORS WILL BE DISTURBED OR BOTHERED. SHOULD NEIGHBORS COMPLAIN OR CALL POLICE, RENTAL AGREEMENT SHALL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED AND RENTERS SHALL LOSE THEIR SECURITY DEPOSIT AND SHALL NOT BE REFUNDED ANY PART OR PORTION OF UNUSED RENTAL TIME.
- ENTIRE AGREEMENT. I AGREE THAT THIS AGREEMENT IS OUR ENTIRE AGREEMENT AND SHALL NOT BE CHANGED WITHOUT OUR MUTUAL WRITTEN CONSENT.